Contact: Tina Perko (Društvo VITA President)
Društvo VITA was established in 1992 as a completely voluntary association. In the first five years the association focussed primarily on camps and weekly workshops (encouraging creativity and socialising). Their finances came primarily from donations, until Društvo VITA successfully secured financial backing from communities and the government, allowing them to implement programs and education for those with brain injury.
Between 1992 and 2005 they were members of the association Sonček, an organisation for cerebral palsy. In 2000 Sonček offered Društvo VITA a space where they could implement daily programmes, offer afternoon care and employ public workers to run the programmes. Since 2002 their daily programmes, living units and domestic help for the disabled are still going strong. Društvo VITA also provide an information service on brain injury for education in schools, publishing brochures and translating books.
In 2010 Društvo VITA successfully moved to their own premises, sponsored by FIHO. In the future they plan to apply for a grant to build a care-working center to train people with brain injury and assist them with getting back into employment.
- Help-line (consulting)
- Psychological support
- Social services
- Supported accommodation
- Rehabilitation centers
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Community rehab and support
- Outreach team
- Rehabilitation camps, trips, educating-schools, family, students (mentoring)
FIELDS OF POSSIBLE COOPERATION
- Awareness campaigns
- Sharing of experience/practice within rehabilitation
- Sharing of experience /practice in provision of social services
- Sharing of experience /practice supported employment services
- Sharing of experience/practice in vocational rehabilitation
- Cultural events (e.g. European Trauma Cultural Days)
- Capacity building
- How system of care/rehabilitation should be organised