Contact 1: Dr. Nikolaus Steinhoff
Contact 2: Sigrid Kundela
In Austria, the Austrian Association of TBI (ÖGSHT) is an umbrella organisation, which gives assistance to self-help teams for traumatic brain injury and inspires more people to become involved. SHG-SHT is one of these teams and works in close collaboration with ÖGSHT.
SHG-SHT issue a newspaper called “SHT-News”, which keeps people up-to-date with the latest developments. Every two months, SHG-SHT and ÖGSHT hold a meeting for members and team-leaders, working on building awareness of SHG-SHT and the services they provide to brain injured individuals and their families.
- Help-line (consulting)
- Psychological support
- Social services
FIELDS OF POSSIBLE COLLABORATION
- Awareness campaigns
- Sharing of experience/practice within rehabilitation
- Sharing of experience /practice in provision of social services
- Sharing of experience /practice supported employment services
- Sharing of experience/practice in vocational rehabilitation
- Cultural events (e.g. European Trauma Cultural Days)
- Conference organisation for TBI (TBI-Challenge.eu)
- How system of care/rehabilitation should be organised
In 2002 SHG-SHT sent representatives to the first international meeting for brain injury in Denmark. By 2003, they had built a federation of self-help teams for traumatic brain injury and participated in the subsequent international meetings for brain injury in Vienna (2003), Spain (2004), France (2005) and again in Vienna (2008). The ÖGSHT, together with SHG-SHT, organised the European Traumatic Brain Injury Conference, BIFs TBI-Challenge.eu Conference, three times in Vienna in 2011, 2013 and 2015.